Syria: Custos of the Holy Land denies Franciscans' beheaded

Reported by RFI; Father Francois a 'Catholic hermit'

28 June, 15:09

    (ANSAmed) - ROME, JUNE 28 - In a statement to the religious information service SIR, Father Pierbattista Pizzaballa has said the news reported by Radio France Internationale on the alleged beheading of three Franciscan monks in Syria is false.

    ''The monks in the region are all still alive,'' said the Custos of the Holy Land. On June 24 Father Francois, ''a Catholic hermit'', had been reported dead. (ANSAmed).

    © Copyright ANSA - All rights reserved

    Business opportunities

    The information system of business
    opportunities abroad

    News from Mediterranean